[Hampshire] LibreOffice not working over SSH for one user bu…

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] LibreOffice not working over SSH for one user but not another

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5677b100.hantslug.org.uk.20114': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Apr 26 15:20:25 2014 BST
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hi,

I have a strange one for you.

On box "F" the local user "V" can run LibreOffice (Debian stable) without a
problem.

If user "A" SSH into the box "F" from "W" or "M" and runs any LibreOffice
application back down the tunnel they work perfectly well.

If user "V" tries to do the same then LibreOffice starts but after about 1
second of any application (e.g. writer) running it vanishes without trace.
User "V" has no problem running other applications on "F" and having them
display on box "M".

Annoyingly nothing shows up on the command line that started LibreOffice,
there is no horrible string of errors or anything else.

I know that user "V" can connect and X forwarding is working fine.

I know that LibreOffice is correctly working and will run over an X/SSH tunnel
as user "A" can do that between the same boxes.

As far as I can tell there is nothing strange in the environment of user "V"
on either box (client or server).

Any suggestions...?

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Windows has detected: "unknown device", and is installing drivers for it.
    -- Microsoft Windows