Re: [Hampshire] NAS permissions

Author: Rob Malpass
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] NAS permissions
Hi all

Thanks for this. I switched to cifs and am still getting problems of
permission denied. 2 questions:

1) Once mounted, do I have anything to worry about with the permissions of
/mnt/abcd or anything beneath /mnt/abcd or is this all handled by mount?
2) Linux is connecting to this via cifs, whereas I have full rw via Windows
as the same user - so am I tight in thinking it can't be a user permissions
thing.

3) Another issue is I can create a file by copying i.e. the following works:

sudo cp /mnt/abcd/foo /mnt/abcd/bar

as does

sudo rm /mnt/abcd/foo

but

sudo uname -a > /mnt/abcd/xyz

fails with a permission denied.

Any ideas very welcome, I've been hacking away at this all day off and on.

Cheers

Rob