[Hampshire] Fwd: London Perl Workshop - 30th November

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Fwd: London Perl Workshop - 30th November
Hi,

May be of interest to some, it's free, could be combined with Xmas
shopping in London, or drinking beer...! ;-)

London Perl Workshop - 30th November
Decadon: 10 Years of LPW

What is it?

The London Perl Workshop is a free one-day conference in central
London, UK. LPW is the UK's Premier Perl Event and so is also known as
the United Kingdom Perl Workshop (UKPW). In 2013 it will be held on
Saturday 30th November at Westminster University's New Cavendish
Campus.

How Can I Attend, or Present a Talk?

If you would like to come then please log in and register, if you have
attended a Perl event recently you will probably already have a login
otherwise you will need to create a new user first. You can do this by
using the links in the navigation menu to the left of this text.

Is There a Theme?

The theme for the London Perl Workshop will be Decadon: A Decade of
the London Perl Workshop. It will focus on the past ten years of the
London Perl Mongueurs and the London Perl Workshop, and will focus on
the manner in which Perl is used in the commercial world and the
strength of Perl for development in an enterprise environment; we
would also like to see talks on the usage of Perl in the past 25 years
and the evolution of the environment. You can use any aspect of Perl
such as Camelia, Rakudo, Raptor, etc. Speakers are invited to talk on
any subject that relates to this theme, though we will also accept
talks on other subjects.

This year we hope to have access to three Workshop rooms and would
like to run as many workshops as possible to introduce new users to
the world of Perl and to refresh the skills of those wishing to engage
with the latest developments in the Perl world. If you wish to submit
a workshop please use the same submission form as the talks, please
note that workshops will be 60, 120 or 240 minutes in length.

Proposal Deadline & Speaker Notification closed but you can still
regiseter to attend.

See http://act.yapc.eu/lpw2013/ further details and to book your free place!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

"We must get users past their misunderstandings of uptime. A reboot
doesn't mean that anything broke, there is no hardware or software
corrective action taken, so there wasn't any real downtime."
-- overheard in an MS strategy meeting