Re: [Hampshire] Privacy ( was choice of motherboard for use …

Author: Tony Wood
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Privacy ( was choice of motherboard for use with Linux)
On 16/09/13 16:41, Lisi wrote:
> On Monday 16 September 2013 14:49:27 Tony Wood wrote:
>> On 16/09/13 12:23, Daniel Llewellyn wrote:
>>> I think Facebook is probably the worst offender in terms of potential
>>> privacy issues in regards to targeted advertising. I'm listed on there
>>> as being Single, so Facebook ads have worked out that I obviously want
>>> to date an Asian woman or a woman in uniform along with several other
>>> dating-related adverts. Neither of these are necessarily true, and
>>> presuppose that I want to date at all.
>>
>> "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession
>> of a good fortune must be in want of a wife. However little known the
>> feelings or views of such a man may be on his first entering a
>> neighbourhood ..." - Jane Austen
>
> Glad to see a fellow fan. Were you able to quote or did you have to copy? ;-)
>
> Lisi

Hi Lisi

I got the first one word-perfect but had to research for the second
sentence. d:-)

(If you read 'The Independent', I believe I have a letter published in
it tomorrow. It's about swatting flies. If you like, I'll send you a
scan of the original Indy item and a copy of my letter.)

--

Tony Wood