[Hampshire] Want to borrow CF adapter

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Want to borrow CF adapter
Hullo!

I have a bit of a pickle. My iRiver iHP-140 (A.K.A. H140) MP3 player
has some files on that I need to get off. It is refusing to mount via
USB for some reason I can't fathom. I have taken the device apart and
have the hard disk out of it, but no way to connect it to my computer.

I need to borrow a 1.8" CF to USB/IDE/something adapter. The disk is a
toshiba mk4004gah which won't fit in a standard CF adapter because the
rails which guide/hold the CF card

I've looked on Amazon and some other stores, and they all have really
long lead times.

Anyone got one I could borrow? Being in Farnborough double-bonus :)

Cheers,
Al.