Re: [Hampshire] choice of motherboard for use with Linux

Author: Artur Łądka
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] choice of motherboard for use with Linux
On 11/09/13 19:52, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:58:24 +0100, arturladka@??? said:
>
>> try Ubuntu (or K/X/Lubuntu) - it is Debian based, have very good support
>> and work just out of the box while Debian needs much more configuration.
> In what way does Debian need "much more configuration"? (Genuine question)

In my opinion and personal experience with novice or less experienced
Linux users Ubuntu (or Mint) is easier and better for people who just
want working system straight after installation. Of course it all
depends on personal preferences and usage, but Ubuntu was made to be
more desktop user friendly and it does the job very good, keeping almost
all Debian functionality.