Re: [Hampshire] Slide-show generation

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Slide-show generation
On 15/07/13 08:23, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> On 2013-07-14 19:02, Samuel Penn wrote:
>> On Sunday 14 Jul 2013 15:54:02 Tony Whitmore wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm revisiting an old topic here, I think. But I'd like to generate a
>>> video file containing a slide-show of images.
>>
>> This one claims that it has a command line mode for batch editing.
>> I've never used it however, and the website isn't too helpful about
>> it's capabilities.
>
> It's also in German. :) But I'll see if it can do what I'm after.

This one is so close to being what I'm after! But not quite. It's HD,
and I can live with it taking forever to export, even on my souped up PC.

The only problem is that it loads the slides with Ken Burns style
transitions that you can only edit manually. There doesn't seem to be a
way to turn it off for a given project file.

So, nearly there, but not quite. There's a newer version in newer Ubuntu
releases (I'm on 12.04) so I will try it again when I upgrade.