Re: [Hampshire] OT:UK Mandatory ISP Filtering Selection Form

Author: Martin N
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT:UK Mandatory ISP Filtering Selection Form
Hello,

At 14:07 24/07/2013, you wrote:
> > - The Internet is not supposed to be filtered, if you think it needs
> > some content moderation, you don't understand what the Internet is. It
> > is the platform, and the transport medium over which data is meant to
> > be shared and communication can occur. It is the national grid of
> > information; If you don't like the electrical feed you are receiving,
> > don't use it, get some solar panels/wind turbines/bicycle attached to
> > a washing machine instead and fuck off. Don't force Southern Electric
> > to change their service. They provide the electricity, like ISPs
> > provide connectivity, what you use that electricity for (baking a
> > cake, torturing innocent children, or casual DIY) is nothing to do
> > with them.
> >
> > - This is a downwards spiral that we have all seen time and time again
> > throughout history; Once one change is authorised (such as forcing
> > ISPs to block content) it becomes a stepping stone over many years to
> > slowly enforce more and more regulations until the Internet in the UK
> > is run by the Gov at the infrastructure level and the content level.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > James.
> >
> > (Not bitter, at all).
>Just to say you have articulated my feelings far better than I could
>whats next?

Yes he summed things up pretty well.

> Parents who cant be bothered to cook for their kids is
>Camerroon going to cook for them instead, If you cant handle the
>responsibility of having children, then DON'T.
>
>That is not to say the the up-loaders (hence the abusers) of child porn
>should not be hunted down and prosecuted!

Which is what everyone agrees on.
Unfortunately most of this c porn is abroad out of the UK governments
jurisdiction.

It was Cameron who reduced the funding of CEOP which does its best
to take down images.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v3.1 (July 2012) on a PowerPC Powerbook, Moderator of
MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups