Re: [Hampshire] Accessing genealogy data on PDF files

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Accessing genealogy data on PDF files
On Tue, 14 May 2013 15:29:40 +0100
john lewis <zen57162@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 May 2013 14:39:57 +0100
> Alan Pope <alan.pope@???> wrote:
>
> > According to this the libc6 2.17-2 has built so you should be good
> > to install acrobat as you wanted.
> >
> > http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libc6
> >
> > 2.17-2: amd64 armel armhf i386 mips powerpc s390 s390x
> > 2.17-1: sparc
>
> Thanks Alan, it doesn't look as though acroread is available in
> multimedia-debian yet as doing an update followed by upgrade got me
>
> Setting up acroread-data (9.5.5-dmo1) ...
> Setting up acroread-dictionary-en (9.5.5-dmo1) ...
> Setting up acroread-l10n-en (9.5.5-dmo1) ...
>
> but trying to install acroread got
>
> No candidate version found for acroread

I should in theory be able to install acroread from deb-multimedia as
it is shown in:
> non-free
> Unstable (Sid)
> Arch i386:

I ran this line:
dpkg --add-architecture i386
and checked with
dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
i386

but still get the same error:
No candidate version found for acroread

However if I run
aptitude install acroread:i386
it is now downloading along with a whole slew of i386 libs

but it still won't install

> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of acroread:
> acroread depends on libgl1-mesa-glx | libgl1; however:
> Package libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 is not installed.
> Package libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 which provides libgl1 is not installed.
> acroread depends on libglu1-mesa | libglu1; however:
> Package libglu1-mesa:i386 is not installed.
> Package libglu1-mesa:i386 which provides libglu1 is not installed.
>
> dpkg: error processing acroread (--configure):
> dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
> acroread-debian-files: acroread-debian-files depends on acroread (>=
> 9.5.5~); however: Package acroread is not configured yet.
>
> dpkg: error processing acroread-debian-files (--configure):
> dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> acroread
> acroread-debian-files
>
> Current status: 1 broken [+1].

so it looks like I still need to wait for some mis-matches to be sorted
out.

one step forward, one step back seems to be the name of the game at
the moment1

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server