Re: [Hampshire] Apache expertise required

Author: Chris Dennis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Apache expertise required
On 28/04/13 11:40, Chris Dennis wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies -- that will keep me busy working through the
> suggestions. I'll probably seek further advice from Chris M and others
> at the meeting on Saturday.
>
> And extra thanks to Andy for increasing our RAM allocation on the
> Bitfolk VPS.
>
> cheers
>
> Chris

I've implemented some of those ideas -- mainly working out that Apache
will only cope with about 12 clients without a lot of swapping. I also
turned on caching in WordPress (which I'd intended to do ages ago).

Now it's much more stable, and responds well under moderate load.

So you can all login and add all sorts of interesting stuff...

At some stage I'll try out some of the more advanced ideas -- adding a
reverse-proxy, or using mpm-worker instead of mpm-prefork, or replacing
Apache with nginx or Lightppd.

cheers

Chris
--