[Hampshire] Asus Motherboard/Linux compatibility

Author: Ian Park
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Asus Motherboard/Linux compatibility
Hi all

I thought I'd try picking brains about the compatibility of a
motherboard I'm thinking of using with Linux Mint. The MB is the Asus
Rampage IV Extreme [1], which brags about its compatibility with Windows
8. I don't want to commit to pretty substantial expense in building a PC
based on this MB, only to find that it gives me all sorts of grief when
I try to install Linux, because of UEFI. Can anyone advise on whether
it's sensible to go ahead with building a PC based on this MB, or indeed
whether I would be better advised to avoid it in favour of another one?

[1] http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_EXTREME/

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ian
--