Re: [Hampshire] (OT) NAS and USB3 connections

Author: Peter B.
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] (OT) NAS and USB3 connections
As far as I know usb 2.0 maxes out at 30mbps usb 3.0 100mbps for local data
transfer.
The speed iv think u r talking about will b relative to the adapter
transfer Loss etc I think and the speed of the cable u r using to transfer
itv from there. Also consider if u r using wireless it will b slower
still.
Maybe try the devolo type solution if u r using a local nas I.e. Home use
I echo Andys statement otherwise as cost etc for home gets personal and if
bought NEEDS a solution. :-D
Good luck