Re: [Hampshire] KVM problems between Windows and Linux

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] KVM problems between Windows and Linux
On 07/04/13 10:25, Rob Malpass wrote:

> Hi all
>
> My first post for a while and, as ever, something simple…
>
> I have a nice shiny new Belkin SOHO 4 port DVI USB kvm switch but the
> darn thing is not playing nicely switching between Linux (one Debian
> Squeeze, one Ubuntu (can’t remember which release but fairly recent))
> and 2 W7 machines. At work, I have the same swtich (except it’s VGA
> not DVI) where it switches between XP, W7 and a VGA connection – it
> works perfectly.
>
> Does anyone know any tricks I might try?
>
> Cheers
>
> Rob

Not sure it will help but I have a Avocent 2 port KVM which was working
with Win7 and Linux (Debian based distro) when it suddenly stopped
switching from Linux to Win7 via keyboard control (hit Num Lock twice).
I was unable to get it to switch by keyboard control and in the end I
found a small script that does the job for me. I now have an icon on the
desktop so that when I want to switch from Linux to Win7 I just double
click the icon. I have since changed distro twice and I am currently
running Xubnutu 12.10. Window to Linux still works perfectly.

Tim