[Hampshire] Ethernet Over Mains

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Ethernet Over Mains
Hi,

I've been running Devolo 200AV units for a while and recently
asked abut their 500AV+ units. I bought a pair of 500AVs and they
are noticably faster and use less electricity apparently and even
have a power pass-through.

They didn't talk to the 200AV units I alredy had which was a pain,
but a firmware update (Windows only BTW) sorted that out.

So far I think they are faster and less susetipble to RF noise
than the 200AV units I already had. If anyone is interested in
them I would say that the only problem with them is that they are
quite large so no use if your power sockets are very low.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Blessed are the pessimists, for they test their backups.
    -- anon