[Hampshire] How to archive symbolic links?

Author: Peter Alefounder
To: hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [Hampshire] How to archive symbolic links?

Is there any easy way to get a list of all the symbolic links in
a directory structure? The -y option in zip causes links to be
included as such, rather than the file referred to. I would like
to make a zip archive containing only the symbolic links.

I could do this by creating a list of filenames for zip by editing
output from ls -l, but even there, it gives the full path for the
files referred to, whereas I would want the full path to each
links. I could write a perl script to edit ls output, but is there
any easier way to do this?

Peter Alefounder.