Re: [Hampshire] Upgrade problem to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Author: Gordon Scott
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Upgrade problem to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I've found the answer to the displays problem.

There's an AMD specific application 'amdcccle' that gives control of the
ATI cards and allows of how the cards may map displays. That has the
usual arrange-screens and clone/extend options. It also needs to be set
up in Linux itself, i.e., non-mirror.

I've gained access to my fileserver via samba for now. Still exploring
why NFS is broken, but at least I can work again. Another PC with 12.04
LTS works OK, so I'll look at the differences between them.

Gordon.