Re: [Hampshire] APC UPS advice please

Author: Martin N
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] APC UPS advice please
Hello,

At 15:48 08/03/2013, you wrote:
>On 08/03/13 11:25, Simon Whitehead wrote:
>>APC are based in Romsey, I had a faulty unit,
>>there are fuses located inside the unit as well
>>as the “normal” screw in type on the back.
>>
>>When my box became faulty I dropped in, I live
>>very local and collected a repaired unit later
>>that day, for pocket change money too.
>>
>>Simon
>>

>I'm certainly not without hope on this. I tend
>to prefer "totally dead" faults over
>misbehaviour ones as they often are easier to
>fix. Sounds like it's worth asking if the yjourney isn't too far.

I am in bolton NW England so a bit too far :)

I have given it up as dead and will have to look
at a new one rather than sit waiting for months for
ebay to throw one up with a phone line protection.
Thanks for your help.

There are plenty on ebay with out telephone
protection but I would rather have that
along with PC protection.

Martin N

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to
purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Benjamin Franklin (1706–90)