Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Domain registrars

Author: Gordon Scott
To: tim, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Domain registrars
On 05/03/2013 08:40, Tim wrote:
> On 04/03/13 23:02, Leo wrote:
>> I currently use 1and1 as my registrar and email provider, but am not
>> overly impressed with them. Can anyone recommend another for the next
>> domain I want to register? The main functionality I want is
>> registration (and auto re-registration) and email provision. Email
>> wise I'd either like to be able to register quite a few accounts, or
>> do some intelligent catch all (e.g. 1and1 used to have an option to
>> send anything sent to myemail+anystring@??? to
>> myemail@???).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Leo
>>
> I use TSOHost, very good customer service when you raise a question
> either pre sales or technical after sales, very reliable, very
> competitive pricing.
>
> https://www.tsohost.com/

+1

I just switched to TSOHost from ukfsn, who seem to have gone awol.
The whole change went really smoothly, even releasing the domains from
ukfsn once they and I learned how to do that (via nominet).

You can pick up all mail on a standard account name using fetchmail, so
the +anystring should work OK, I think. If not, they allow full dns
management, so you could presumably use smtp instead if needs be.

Hm, Why don't I do the obvious ......

mail to gordon+anystring at mydomain was delivered just fine.

One of the nice things for me is that they also allow web aliasing, so I
can easily point www.mydomain.com to www.mydomain.co.uk

G.

--
This message was written elegantly and lucidly, by my own fair hand using a quill pen on hand laid parchment. It was then scanned, OCRed, spiel-chequed, then cat und pastied into this email.

If it's now just gibberish, it's the software's fault.