Re: [Hampshire] What Graphics Card?

Author: Michael Daffin
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What Graphics Card?
If you are using the open drivers then neither ati or nvidia have problems
with dual screen. But then game performance might suffer.

The property nvidia drivers work well with dual screen here, no
configuration is needed any more except switching the displays around and
nvidia now supports the randr protocol so you can do this from the normal
desktop utilities for your de rather than the nvidia utilities.

It might also be worth noting that nvidia driver are improving quite allot
of late partly thanks to valve working with nvidia to improve them.

I don't have any experience with ati cards but I have heard allot of people
having problems with their closed drivers