Re: [Hampshire] Suggestions for MySQL connectivity

Author: Roger Munford
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Suggestions for MySQL connectivity
Thanks for everybody's helpful advice. After the initial panic that it
would not be possible to get a direct connection, it was, in fact quite
straightforward and a host was found for me. For the record, tsohosts do
it, they are good value and were very helpful.
I copied that database, reconfigured everything that needed it and,
hopefully, everything is as it was before.

The new host does offer SSH access but I am not obliged to use it. I
hope I am not being complacent because the data on the site is only a
list of names (used to greet the customer) plus hashed usernames and
passwords.

Thanks again,

Roger