Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking
>> The beginners guide to MySQL was also very popular.
>
> Yes - MySQL per se is not for *total* beginners. Pity I missed it. :-(

I think Tony might have meant my talk which I did years ago? There was
a huge attendance that day from several southern LUGs. Someone told me
that a few had come for my talk - no pressure! (and did I mention my
boss was in the audience?)

I never expected so many would be interested as I assumed everyone
would have that knowledge already or know how to access it easily. It
really challenged my assumptions. But I thought I would try a talk and
see what happens. Afterwards, quite a few people said they had learned
something new.

I'm thinking about an intro to Perl talk - maybe at next LUG meet
family commitments allowing.

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65 F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F
http://about.me/imranchaudhry