Re: [Hampshire] Scamming call

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Scamming call
On 25/01/13 19:12, Keith Edmunds wrote:
>> I suspect that they are offered a job [[...] and take it with no
>> >questions asked
> That is their choice and their responsibility. It doesn't excuse them
> being dishonest.

That's a very selective interpretation of my reply Keith.

It is possible that they are told that the people they are calling have
computers identified as being infected and that the software they are
selling and installing will repair their machines. That doesn't make
them dishonest in my book. Naive or possibly even wiflfully ignorant,
but not necessarily dishonest.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk