Re: [Hampshire] Scamming call

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Scamming call
On 25/01/13 17:21, Tony Wood wrote:
> Have I got this right, Victor: you feel sorry for those knowingly
> making dishonest cold calls to con the public?

I'm not entirely sure that the drones are dishonest. I suspect that they
are offered a job cold-calling and installing software with little
knowledge of what that software does, and take it with no questions
asked. I wouldn't be surprised if their employers are European, either.

In fact it might be interesting to engage them in a friendly discussion
about this, i.e. something along the lines of: do you know that the
software you are trying to sell me is at best overpriced and
superfluous, or at worst malicious?

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk