Re: [Hampshire] Communications Data Bill

Author: Peter Collins
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Communications Data Bill
On 14/12/12 10:02, Andy Smith wrote:
> I'm not really aware of any epetition having had any useful real-world
> effect. Personally I think the time would be better spent informing
> your MP of your concerns. If you aren't confident in expressing
> yourself, ORG will train you. They will train you to articulate the
> issues in your own words, so it doesn't sound like a cut-and-paste
> platform. For me that didn't appear to have any useful real-world
> effect either, but I still think it has more chance of being acted
> upon, and ORG think so too. This is quite weighty technical stuff and
> you can imagine most MPs' eyes glazing over as they start to read a
> petition about it. MPs are just normal people, with no particular
> technical interest. They need to hear from their constituents in a
> sane and rational manner to know that it is an issue that affects real
> people.

Yes I have come across ORG and saw the page on MP's - I have written to
my MP numerous times in the past with positive responses, although being
an conservative minster I suspect he will "toe the line", but I will ask
him to be sure he understands the impact for himself rather then what
the home office want him to believe.

> Assuming you mean "affect" :-)

I assume I did as well, I could make my excuses but instead will just
thank you for the correction :)

I'm interested how much noise the shopping lens has caused compared to
the amount of noise about the CDB, which seems out of proportion.

May be it is just a reflection on what I read.

Rgds

Peter.