Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu spy program

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu spy program
On Tuesday 11 December 2012 21:39:08 Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Lisi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 08:59:51PM +0000, Lisi wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 December 2012 18:53:37 Anton Piatek wrote:

> > Has anyone else managed to get this? If so, could he or she share the
> > secret?
>
> Managed to "get" it? If you mean "read the text," I don't personally
> think it was worth the time spent reading it, but it was:

I didn't mean "read the text" because I didn't know what to expect - a video,
a picture, text - but given that it was in fact text, you interpreted
correctly what I ought to have meant. So thank you. :-)

!

> PS I use Ubuntu and don't care about the shopping lens either way,
>    so I'm not saying this because I have an axe to grind. It just
>    didn't appear to advance the "debate" any further in my opinion.

I agree. It was pretty much what I already understood. Some approve on the
basis that Canonical has to pay for all those developers somehow, some
disapprove because Ubuntu is "meant" to be Open Source, for which they read
FOSS, with the F standing for gratuit, not FLOSS.

Speaking personally, I can say with certainty that one of the advantages
(silver lining and all that) of having my particular eyesight problems is
that I don't/can't see ads at the side. So they don't bother me, and it
makes no difference to me whether they are targetted or not!

Lisi