Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity

Author: Mihai Badea
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity
I reverted to KDE. I have 4.8.5 from Ubuntu 12.10 LTS.
It is stable and fast now, and works fine with or without desktop effects
(while Unity 2D is a disaster!).
I know it was always more been complex, but now it's also very intuitive
and straight-forward at a basic level.
Check-out the option now for taskbar icons (like W7 or Unity). You can
also customize the task switcher for best 2D appearance.