[Hampshire] For free or it goes to the council recycling cen…

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] For free or it goes to the council recycling centre
Hi,

I have an old but working PC. It's no use as a desktop system any more but it
could be used for parts or some kind of project.

Dell Dimension XPS 200n (tower form factor)

CPU:    Intel Pentium Pro 200
RAM:    128 MB EDO RAM
DISK:    3 GB EIDE IBM DeskStar
        5 GB SCSI IBM UltraStar
CD:    Plextor SCSI 32x CD-ROM (not DVD)
        Plextor SCSI 8x CD-R (not RW)
GPU:    PCI Matrox Millennium (that's PCI not PCIe)
Zip:    100 MB Iomega Zip drive SCSI and possibly some disks
SCSI:    Mylex FlashPoint on PCI bus
audio:    SoundBlaster PnP (ISA bus)
NIC:    Netgear 100MBit
modem:    US Robototics 56K modem (ISA bus)

As far as I remember everything works, but I wouldn't trust the Zip disks,
don't know about the drive. Everything work with Linux, it's currently running
Debian and all hardware works with Linux (can't remember the modem it's so
long ago but I think it was supported).

I'm keeping it for a week, but next Sunday we're going to the recycling centre
where it will end it's life, unless some one wants it - it' not in the way so
I can keep hold of it for you if you can't collect it by then.

I don't mind if you want it for only one bit but you get the whole lot!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Do not assume the other fellow has intelligence to match yours.
He may have more.
    -- Terry Thomas