Re: [Hampshire] An interesting rsync problem

Author: Rob Malpass
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] An interesting rsync problem

-----Original Message-----
From: hampshire-bounces@???
[mailto:hampshire-bounces@mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Keith Edmunds
Sent: 18 November 2012 14:29
To: hampshire@???

>Rob, there are so few people who would have the balls to come back and say

what you said. I certainly >respect you for doing so.

Thanks - good to know my apology has been accepted.

>Let's move on...now, have you fixed your rsync problem?

Yes thanks - here's the script. I'm sure there are better or more elegant
ways but (much as I would dearly love to get better at all aspects of Linux)
this is the best I can come up with for now:

#Backup script - needs setting up as a session script / cron job in due
course - 17/11/2012
#!/bin/bash
#needs the if exsits thing but haven't got the time right now
#needs running as root
rm -rf /mnt/cnbackup/container
rsync -r -n -t -v -progress -s /mnt/cnrn/ /mnt/cnbackup

Cheers
Rob