Re: [Hampshire] Crash course mobile broadband

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Crash course mobile broadband
On Sunday 23 September 2012 11:48:37 Rob Malpass wrote:
> I have about 7 hours on a train on Tueday and need web access while doing
> so. Thus far, I only have access to a Toshiba satellite laptop running
> Ubuntu. In theory, I think all I need is [1] a usb dongle from argos or
> somewhere similar and I’m away. But I have several questions:

You can get wireless 3G access points. The device connects to 3G, and
then gives you a wireless access point which you connect your laptop
to. No worries about compatibility with Linux, since it's just wireless
as far as the laptop is concerned.

You can get them from Vodafone (and most probably others).

--
Be seeing you,        Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.                  Posts: http://www.google.com/profiles/samuel.penn