Re: [Hampshire] Backups with Amazon Glacier

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Backups with Amazon Glacier
On Sunday 26 August 2012 21:45:56 Anton Piatek wrote:
> Interesting. Actually displaying is pointless as I run a load of conversion
> filters on it to get a jpeg (I uses AfterShot Pro, which used to be
> Bibble). Is it easy to bulk upload/download the raws from picasa?

It's not that hard. The talk I posted a link to had a quick outline
of a script to do it - there's a google command line tool available.

However, it's not as simple as S3 is, and Picasa doesn't support
sub-albums (you could fake sub-directories if you needed to, but
it would be messy).

I use Picasa because it worked out cheaper than S3, and makes it
easier to share albums with other people.

--
Be seeing you,        Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.                  Posts: http://www.google.com/profiles/samuel.penn