Re: [Hampshire] One for the Debian gurus...

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] One for the Debian gurus...
On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 14:21:35 +0100 (BST)
"Vic" <lug@???> wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I need to get sssd running on some Debian 5 boxes. There are a number
> of issues...
>
> Has anyone tried this? With any success?
>
> And no, I can't move the machines off Deb5 :-(

I have ssh running on my geneweb server system which has Debian
squeeze installed. ssh was installed long before I upgraded to squeeze
when it became the stable version. I regularly rsync data from that
system to three other systems using ssh.

Both ssh_config and sshd_config are the default Debian files.

I also have ssh running on my VPS at Bitfolk (also running Debian
squeeze) but that uses a non-standard port for security.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server