Re: [Hampshire] Spinning rust

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Spinning rust

> > I've had a few such issues with ext4.
>
> +1

Several developers have responded to my bug report:

In summary:
- ext3 a better safer choice for a backup filesystem at this time
- ext4 not a good choice in kernel version 2.32 but probably fine in 3.2
which is in the next Debian stable release (and is now
available in testing, unstable and squeeze-backports).

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65 F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever.” - Indian political and spiritual leader Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)