Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Citrix

Author: Rob Malpass
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Citrix

I have tested it and already reported back to them - sorry I didn't make
that clear. On standard MS Office stuff, it's fine but takes ages to
launch SPSS (6 minutes for some reason) and does not work with my magnifier
program Zoomtext. Zoomtext's authors say they don't support Zoomtext in a
Citrix environment.

> The remote machine may well be faster than your i5, especially if it's
> only running what you need, has access to fast(er) storage than your
> internal disk and has more RAM. I wouldn't assume that just because it's
> remote it has to be slow(er).

Point taken.

> So again, test it and report back.

Have done - and the response I got was a sort of "sorry - we can't do
anything for you". Hence my concern. But at the risk of asking a naive
question... If they can't set me up a workstation in a Citrix container -
then presumably the worst that would happen is I'd need a workstation of my
own - even if that incurred extra license costs for Office etc. That is
right isn't it?

Thanks to all for your replies.

Cheers
Rob