[Hampshire] Fwd: Re: Olympus Voice Recorder: accessing files

Author: Tony Wood
To: Peter Andrijeczko
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, General Linux/Unix community List
Subject: [Hampshire] Fwd: Re: Olympus Voice Recorder: accessing files

Subject:     Re: Olympus Voice Recorder: accessing files
Date:     Sun, 15 Jul 2012 15:10:34 +0100
From:     Tony Wood <tonywoodtw@???>
To:     Tim Brocklehurst <timb@???>
CC:     Hampshire LUG Discussion List <hampshire@???>, JohnW
<slug7of9@???>

Success !

I've been playing around with it since lunch finished - i.e. for a while!
The program 'odvr' kept reporting that my test files were an unhandled
quality (the VN-2100PC records in XHQ, HQ, SP or LP).
After some experimentation I found 'odvr' works only in XHQ - not truly
a problem as I never get near the limits of the device storage.

So here we have a very happy bunny now able to do EVERYTHING he needs
using Ubuntu 12.04 Linux.
Thank you all - especially Tim - for exemplary support.

Ain't Linux great!

Tony Wood
(from Linux PC)