Re: [Hampshire] My 2p on the GUI 'Wars'

Author: Glenn Korbey
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] My 2p on the GUI 'Wars'
On 03/07/12 12:31, john lewis wrote:
> When Gnome3 came along and I found it unusable

I had similar issues. I was happy in Gnome 2 land when rumours of
'Gnome-shell' begsm to surface. Eventually it was available to test
etc...so I did.
Shortly thereafter I switched to KDE 4 (which funnily enough I'd
switched from KDE 3.5 to gnome 2 as I found KDE 4 to be a buggy mess)
Fast forward a few years and frustrated with some KDE issues I thought
I'd give Gnome 3 a try...and after a week or 2 I found myself liking
it. I now use it as my main desktop.
As for Unity, I gave it a trial for 2 weeks on 11.10 and just didn't
like it, so I'll stick with Gnome 3. Just personal preference, and
that's what I like about Linux..not held to one desktop.

It could be worse, look at Metro...

Glenn