Re: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens
On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 11:23:03 +0100, Kevin Safford
<kevin.safford@???> wrote:
> On 2012-06-21 10:17, Vic wrote:
>>

>> I'd have said "Android".
>
> I thought about an Android tablet. Would I be able to launch and
> browser, music player and so on remotely, from a box running Ubuntu
> or
> Mint?

The AirDroid app *might* do this. It allows you to remotely control an
android
device to some extent from a PC. The PC has to be on the same network
however,
which may be an issue. You'd need to check out AirDroid to see if it
has all
the capabilities you want.

You can sort of launch a browser remotely - if you use
Chrome2Phone/Fox2Phone
you can send a link to an Android device from a PC browser, which will
fire up
the browser. They may get a dialog first.

But I'd add my +1 to the suggestion of setting up a clean home screen
with
just these apps on it, and let them start it up themselves.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.