Re: [Hampshire] The Cookie Law

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The Cookie Law
On Friday 25 May 2012 21:47:51 Tony Whitmore wrote:
> You need to explicitly tell users what cookies you set, what they are
> used for and allow them to opt out of having them set. I've seen a
> number of companies and organisations changing their website to reflect
> these requirements too.

The Which? site gives no option to say no, and yet browse the site. You can
click yes, and continue, or shut the browser down. Some giving the punter
the choice!!

The site does in fact work fine without cookies because I have yet to accept
any from them. The policy for that site, as I have it set in Konqueror, is
reject. And I have used it for years now.

Lisi