Re: [Hampshire] Trackballs

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Trackballs
** Alex Dicks <alex@???> [2012-05-10 15:53]:

> >I use a Logitech Marble Mouse USB [1] on the left side at work as an extra
> >input with a conventional right side mouse. I use one of the auxillary
> >buttons to enable scrolling with the ball so don't miss wheels.
>
> Exactly the same as my set-up. Logitech G400 on the right, Marble
> Mouse on the left. Best of both worlds.

** end quote [Alex Dicks]

Interestingly I've not seen Bob's reply yet! I have preferred the Marble Mouse
concept as I've found using fingers gives tighter control - way back with my
first PC (a laptop) I had a convertable mouse which worked as a mouse one way
up and a trackball the other way. This worked very nicely as a trackball.
Having said that I suspect that the wrist movement on this sort may be little
different to that on my current mouse setup. In this case the thumb wheel makes
most sense, and I had been looking at the Logitech M570 [1], although I'm not a
fan of wireless mice and keyboards as the batteries never seem to last very
long for me :( At one point PC World had them on display and you could have a
play, but not anymore it seems :( (Hmm, it's gone up £2 while I've been typing
this!!)

[1] http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-M570-Wireless-Trackball-Graphite/dp/B0042BBR2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336075069&sr=8-1

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: