Re: [Hampshire] Quiet and cool PC running?

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Quiet and cool PC running?
On Wednesday 02 May 2012 09:31:02 Brad Rogers wrote:
> No-one has mentioned water cooling. Very quiet indeed. Can be a scary
> prospect for some, but it does work. AS has been mentioned though, once
> you've eliminated the loudest noise (usually the CPU fan), you start
> hearing other things; GPU fan, drive motors....

Heh. If you think the CPU fan is the loudest noise, you haven't heard
a gaming rig with 4 GPUs... :-) The loudest noise in my study (which has
three running computers in it) is my GF's video cards in the next room.

(But then admittedly, if you're going for something quiet, you're
probably not looking at a box with 4 graphics cards).

--
Be seeing you,        Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.                  Posts: http://www.google.com/profiles/samuel.penn