Re: [Hampshire] Old Macs

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Old Macs
** hantslug@??? <hantslug@???> [2012-04-22 18:30]:
> On Sunday 22 April 2012 17:50:33 Paul Tansom wrote:
> > Has anyone got any interest in some old Apple Macs?
> [snip]
> > I'm as yet not
> > completely decided about ditching all of them and/or eBaying some (not
> > entirely sure how/if they go), but thought if anyone had an interest in
> > something it may help me along the way to creating some space :)
>
> Two of us are involved in trying to get old computers used rather than binned
> via Havant Transitions. This can either be reuse of the machine they were
> about to bin because it couldn't run Windows 8, or supplying a computer that
> is a land-fill rescue, for a nominal fee, to people, both who are on low
> incomes and who are not likely to want to do more than email, browse,
> possibly type letters.
>
> Would yours be suitable? I am pretty ignorant about Apple Macs; though if you
> are getting rid of them they are probably _very_ ancient!

** end quote [hantslug@???]

I doubt these will be of interest, they only run pre-OSX so getting decent
browsers running on them would be a challenge to say the least. Likely fine for
word processing, etc., but too much hassle for general use. I do have some
parts that I'll let you have though, CDROM drives if they are of any use, maybe
a case or two - oh, and I still have those two keyboards for you!!!

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: