Re: [Hampshire] HantsLUG Meetings Question

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HantsLUG Meetings Question
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 22:22:19 +0100
hantslug@??? wrote:

> And does anyone know what age counts as a child?

I think that the legal age for adulthood is still 18 except that
children can make decisions about their healthcare at 16.

My wife helps out at a mother and toddler group where the parents
accompany their children one morning a week but still had to be
'vetted' by filling in a form giving lots of info about herself which
then went to the police, basically proving identity.

I have no idea what clubs/organisations have to do these days if there
are no clearly defined 'leaders' as there would be in the case in
youth clubs/scout groups, etc.

I know that even 10 or so years ago when I was leading mountain bike
rides every Saturday for beginners I'd ask parents to accompany young
teenagers if possible.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server