Re: [Hampshire] Novatech - Ubuntu good news?

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Novatech - Ubuntu good news?
On 13/01/2012 23:25, alan c wrote:
> As an aside comment, when I have previously asked a random rep in the
> Reading store how many of his colleagues used Ubuntu he answered that
> 'they all use Windows'.

I am pretty sure this is incorrect - I mainly use linux for servers
and have discussed raid options at reading with someone who knew more
than me (OK re linux software raid not too difficult) but linux
bods at reading have surfaced.

My guess is that your question was assumed to be a MS "test" and the sales
bod gave the expected MS response. FWICR now get paid to push MS and
MS have been known to employ people to check stores out. If they fail the
test they get a warning and then lose thier "marketing" money.

Jacqui