Re: [Hampshire] Help! I'm buying a laptop.

Author: Tim Brocklehurst
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Help! I'm buying a laptop.
On Wednesday 11 January 2012 22:34:41 Peter B. wrote:
> As someone had to say it.
>
> Make your own 1
>
> Sorry if that doesn't help but if it doesn't y did u try Linux?

No need to be sarcy :-). If I was looking for a desktop, I'd definitely build
it, but here I'm trying to use the mass market to provide reliability at a
reasonable cost. The idea of building a laptop doesn't fill me with joy, more
of a cold dread; but I could be over-reacting.

I use Linux for the same reason. Well tested reliable systems. The question is
which to go for.

Tim B.
--
OpenPilot - Open-source Marine Chart Plotter
openDynamics - Open-source Vessel Motions Calculation