Re: [Hampshire] debian unstable vs ubuntu server

Author: Chris Malton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] debian unstable vs ubuntu server
Hi Leo,

Unstable does throw a wobbly once in a while.... I'm running it on my
desktop.
Occasionally (maybe once a month or so) you get the odd broken package,
but it's not a regular thing, and usually you can work around it.
For me the only thing I have to remember is to run apt-get update &&
apt-get safe-upgrade every so often to actually upgrade (because
update-notifier seems a little broken....). For a home server though,
it's probably safe.

Of course - this is just my personal opinion - what do I know?

Chris