Re: [Hampshire] Mint debian gnome3 was New member...

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mint debian gnome3 was New member...
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 12:17:36 +0530
pavithran <pavithran.s@???> wrote:

> On 23 December 2011 15:27, john lewis <johnlewis@???>
> wrote:
> > So am now running gnome 3 classic on that system. Classic because
> > the built-in graphics won't run the full Gnome 3. I thought at
> > first I'd have to go back to squeeze because as it is installed
> > classic is barely configurable, but installing gnome-tweak-tool
> > seems to have solved that to some extent.
> >

> I also faced similar issues with teh graphic card , used to run slowly
> but after booting to 3.x kernel I was able to run gnome 3 smoothly .

My spare system has built-in Savage S3 graphics and the relevant
xorg-server package is installed by for some reason the debian
installer has only given me vesa graphics, hence gnome classic is all
that will run.

After the festivities are out of the way will have to look at getting
better graphics working by setting up an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. Have
almost forgotten how to do that ;-)

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid