Re: [Hampshire] Linux Answers,

Author: Mike Austin
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux Answers,
I am staggered that the choice of the name of my group should cause so much
comment. Perhaps I should ask the editors of Linux Format magazine to be
more specific about their content.

Perhaps I should also contact Amadeus, one of the major players in the
travel industry, to ask what they mean by the statement " Airline IT systems
and transactions business company Amadeus yesterday announced it will
completely migrate its commercial airline transaction processing systems
onto Linux by 2012, saying proprietary platforms were "very limiting" and
criticised the lack of open standards in the industry."

Since the name of the group is also the email address -
linux-answers@??? - I attempted to keep it as short as I could.

Fortunately the several members of this LUG who have already joined
understand my intent.

Mike