Re: [Hampshire] HP ProCurve switch, VLAN configuration.

Author: Steven Swann
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HP ProCurve switch, VLAN configuration.
You are exactly right!

I connected another machine to the router and pinged it from a host
connected to port 6, fired up wireshark and there were the ping requests.

Unfortunately, my test route is so dumb that I can't even define routes.
So i guess that it can never be aware of the subnet on the switch - It
really is so easy when you know how it all works... I'm finding my feet
slowly.

With this in mind, I'm going to have to roll out the VLANs on the live
switch and configure the live router after the new year.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Thank you so much for all of your help. Hopefully I can meet some of you
at the next meet, although you'll have to introduce yourselves since I
know no one! :)

Have a lovely Christmas all of you

Steven