[Hampshire] power problem

Author: Owain Clarke
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] power problem

    I wonder if anyone would mind commenting on a problem?  I noticed
    that recently my Asus Eee has only been getting up to about 65% of
    charge, and I assumed this is a battery problem (I think it's about
    18 months old).  But then I have noticed a couple of times, that
    even with a reasonable amount of charge, if I unplug the mains
    charger, the computer immediately switches off, so I wondered
    whether there is a more general power problem, or whether that could
    just be indicative of a naff battery.  It also sometimes switches
    off when it's suspended, even though the battery appears to have
    quite a bit of charge left.  Any opinions?

    Thanks all

    Owain

--
Sent from my winning combination of George Parker and Basildon
        Bond