Re: [Hampshire] Blu Ray and Linux

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Blu Ray and Linux
On 18 September 2011 03:43, Ian Grody <lug@???> wrote:
> Im more surprised people don't use google.
>
> Took me two mins to concoct MakeMKV and DumpHD. The latter actually working.
>
> Blueray playback linux
>
> I dont watch much movies, just use the drive for backups. But thought heck to
> it!
>
> DumpHD even provide a lengthy list of keys to use to decrypt your bluerays..
>
> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123111
>
> I do sometimes wonder...

I now have a Blu Ray drive for my Linux machine.
DumpHD does not work on any modern titles due to an out of date host
private key.
MakeMKV does seem to work, but it is a binary blob and not open source
and you have to pay for it past 30 days trial.

If anyone can point me to an up to date host private key, I would then
be happier.

Kind Regards

James