Re: [Hampshire] PPTP VPN from Ubuntu server 10.04 LTS torec…

Author: Chris Malton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] PPTP VPN from Ubuntu server 10.04 LTS torecentWin-SBS?
On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 09:50:38 +0000, Gordon Scott wrote:
> I'm not sure which model our router is, I'll check next time I'm in
> the office (or maybe 'phone and ask), but it's definitely a Draytek
> Vigor with WiFi and three aerials, which seems from Draytek's site to
> suggest it already supports a number of VPN connection methods.

Oh dear god! You're probably about to run into the same problem we had
then.
The DrayTek 2800 series (specifically the 2820s), seem to have a nasty
firmware bug that causes outbound ESP packets to go walkabouts somewhere
in the router, especially if you're doing any kind of NAT with it.

If you find a solution, I'd love to know what you need to do. We found
that a Netgear DG834 works great for testing purposes!

Just a word of warning.

Chris